Job Opening: Investment Accountant
Investment Accountant Overview:
UCLA Investment Company is seeking an Investment Accountant to join a dynamic team of four seasoned operations professionals. This is a role that will mainly support the accounting and treasury functions but will also have exposure to all operational aspects of managing an endowed portfolio. The Investment Accountant will report to the Director of Operations and will work closely with every member of the operations team.
- Process and record all investment transactions and capital funding requests from fund managers.
- Prepare forward-looking cash projections and track portfolio liquidity schedules.
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliations of cash balances.
- Prepare journal entries for day-to-day operations, analyze accounts and make necessary adjustments.
- Reconcile investment transactions and market value with investment managers and actively participate in the monthly and quarterly close of the financial reporting process.
- Assist in the annual audit process and preparing schedules required for the auditors.
- Assist in maintaining the firm’s document management system, monitor relevant incoming managers’ communication ensuring the correspondence is escalated accordingly.
- Engage and communicate with investment managers and institutional service providers as part of the day-to-day operations at the firm.
Qualifications and Experience
- College or university degree (Accounting, Finance, or Mathematics). CPA is a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience at a financial services firm or accounting firm.
- Demonstrate firm understanding of accounting concepts and current accounting principles.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude to learn other tools and systems.
- Experience with Geneva accounting systems is a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Superior organizational and quantitative skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proactive problem-solving orientation with a desire to challenge and seek continuous improvement.
- Team-oriented but able to also work independently.
- Willingness to learn new systems, concepts and broaden knowledge in the industry.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
UCLA Investment Company offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with the candidate’s experience. The Company currently follows a hybrid work model and incorporates a mixture of in-office (3 days) and remote (2 days) work.
Eligible candidates should submit their resume indicating their interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘UCLA IC Investment Accountant‘ in the subject heading. Candidates whose qualifications fit the criteria for the job will be contacted.
UCLA Investment Company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.