Job Opening: Investment Operations Analyst
UCLA Investment Company is seeking an Investment Operations Analyst that will join a dynamic team of three seasoned operations professionals. This is a critical role that supports and participates in all operational aspects of managing an endowed portfolio including but not limited to treasury, accounting, investment performance reporting, compliance, risk, and operational due diligence functions. This position requires an individual who is a versatile team player, self-motivated, and possesses an intellectual curiosity and interest in institutional investment management. The Investment Operations Analyst will report to the Director of Operations.
- Support the treasury and accounting functions by executing investment transactions and record capital calls, distributions, purchases, and redemptions in the company’s general
- Reconcile investment transactions and valuations with investment managers and actively participate in the monthly and quarterly close of the financial reporting process working closely with the Director of Investment
- On-board new investments by facilitating the execution of the subscription documents, compliance requirements, and monitoring the post-transaction confirmation and settlement.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations on the operational due diligence review of fund managers gaining a foundation/understanding of industry best practices and operational risk assessment. Participate in meetings with fund managers and service providers to assist with these
- Engage and communicate with investment managers and institutional service providers as part of the day-to-day operations at the
- Assist in maintaining the firm’s document management system, monitor relevant incoming managers’ communication ensuring the correspondence is processed
- Provide support during the annual audit, with annual surveys and various ad-hoc
Qualifications and Experience
- College or university degree (accounting, finance, or business major is preferred but not required).
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience within financial services or in investment operations is preferred (an equivalent combination of training and experience is accepted).
- Demonstrated understanding of key investment accounting
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and aptitude to learn other tools and
Required Skills and Abilities
- Superior organizational and quantitative skills with excellent attention to
- Proactive problem-solving orientation with a desire to challenge and seek continuous improvement.
- Team-oriented but able to also work independently, prioritize tasks and understand the impact of the functions
- Superior ability for effective time management and meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and working well under
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication
UCLA Investment Company offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with the candidate’s experience. The Company currently follows a hybrid work model and incorporates a mixture of in-office (3 days) and remote (2 days) work.
Type: Full time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Eligible candidates should submit their resume and cover letter indicating their interest in the role to email@example.com with ‘UCLA IC Investment Operations Analyst: last name, first name’ in the subject heading. Candidates whose qualifications fit the criteria for the job will be contacted.